Transcript Policy & Request
Manor ISD Transcript Policy
- A transcript is a listing of all high school credit courses a student has completed. It includes the grade for the course completed and the amount of credit awarded for the course.
- An official transcript has been embossed and placed in a sealed envelope with an “Official Transcript” seal on the back of the envelope. Please note that copies of official transcripts picked up by a student may not be accepted as official copies by all institutions.
- An unofficial transcript is a print out of the transcript with no embossing that has been given to the student.
- A report card reflects the grades earned during a grading period.
- Transcript requests can be delivered to the campus the student was last enrolled in, mailed, faxed or emailed. A copy of a photo ID must be included with mailed, faxed or emailed requests.
- A photo ID is required at the time a transcript is picked up.
- Manor ISD has up to five business days to complete a transcript request.
- Incomplete transcript request forms will not be processed until all information is received.
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that gives parents the right to have access to their children’s education records, the right to seek to have the records amended, and the right to have some control over the disclosure of personally identifiable information from the education records. When the student turns 18 years old, or enters a postsecondary institution at any age, the rights under FERPA may be transferred from the parents to the student. An exception permits a school to disclose personally identifiable information from education records without consent of the student when the disclosure is to the parents of a "dependent student" as that term is defined in Section 152 of the Internal Revenue Code. Generally, if either parent has claimed the student as a dependent on the parent's most recent year's income tax statement, the school may non-consensually disclose the eligible student's education records to both parents under this exception. For more information, please visit the Family Policy Compliance Office website: http://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/index.html and https://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/students.html?
Steps for Requesting a Transcript
- Download the form to your device.
- Complete the form and save.
- Mail, fax or email your completed form along with your valid photo ID.
Mailing Requests To: Fax Requests To: Email Requests To:
Manor ISD 512-278-4969 firstname.lastname@example.org
10335 US Hwy 290 E
Manor, Texas 78653