We exist to collaborate with students and families to build capacity for personal growth within a positive, restorative, and structured environment. We model respect, responsibility, and genuine concern for the well being of our students, families, and community. We nurture intercampus relationships for the betterment of overall outcomes.
The Manor Alternative Program is a transformative discipline alternative education program focused on innovative behavior reform, best practice personalized and blended instructional models, and collaborative social and emotional interventions for the students and families we serve. We provide professional development, coaching, and support throughout the Manor ISD Community.
Texas Education Code - Chapter 37
TEC Chapter 37 governs physical setting and a limited set of requirements associated with the curriculum and teachers:
- be provided in a setting other than a student's regular classroom;
- separate students assigned to the program from those not assigned to the program;
- focus academically on English language arts, mathematics, science, history, and self-discipline;
- provide for the educational and behavioral needs of students;
- provide supervision and counseling;
- require each teacher in the program to be certified in accordance with TEC Chapter 21, Subchapter B; and
- require each teacher in the program with a special education assignment to be appropriately certified or permitted for the assignment.