Career and Technical Education Overview
Manor ISD's Career & Technical Education (CTE) programs seek to offer sequences of courses that provide students with specific and rigorous content that is aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge.
CTE focuses on career and technical skills necessary to prepare students for further education and careers in current or emerging professions. CTE offers students the opportunity to earn industry certifications in most CTE Pathways that increases students' ability for employment during or immediately following their senior year. CTE programs of study are aligned to the state of Texas CTE pathways that identify in-demand and high wage occupations.
PURPOSE OF CAREER CLUSTERS
Career Clusters provide student opportunities with rigorous academics and technical skills specific to a career, and provide schools with a structure for organizing or restructuring curriculum offerings and focus based on student interest.
Career & Technical Education (CTE) at Manor ISD (MISD) includes college credit, certifications, and experience in high-skill, high-wage, and high-demand professions. MISD's CTE offers programs of study in the following 13 career clusters:
- Agriculture, Food, & Natural Resources
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, A/V Technology & Communications
- Business, Marketing and Finance
- Education & Training
- Health Science
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law and Public Service
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
- Business and Industry: Agriculture, Food, & Natural Resources; Architecture & Construction; Arts, A/V Technology & Communications; Business, Marketing and Finance; Hospitality & Tourism; Information Technology; Manufacturing; Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
- Public Services: Education & Training; Health Science; Human Services; Law and Public Service
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM): CTE courses related to STEM