The Manor Alternative Program
Our mission is to create a positive, restorative and structured environment that will foster the development of appropriate social behavior, academic success, and personal integrity for all students. We will strive to achieve our mission by modeling respect and responsibility and by demonstrating genuine concern for the well being of our students and each other. We will promote a collaborative team effort with all Manor ISD schools to promote educational excellence.
The Manor Alternative Program will become a destination discipline alternative education campus focused on innovative behavior reform, best practice personalized and blended instructional models, and collaborative social and emotional interventions for the students and families we serve.
Texas Education Code - Chapter 37
TEC Chapter 37 governs physical setting and a limited set of requirements associated with the curriculum and teachers:
- be provided in a setting other than a student's regular classroom;
- separate students assigned to the program from those not assigned to the program;
- focus academically on English language arts, mathematics, science, history, and self-discipline;
- provide for the educational and behavioral needs of students;
- provide supervision and counseling;
- require each teacher in the program to be certified in accordance with TEC Chapter 21, Subchapter B; and
- require each teacher in the program with a special education assignment to be appropriately certified or permitted for the assignment.