The newest addition to Manor ISD will open its doors in August 2018, and it will completely change the game for education in Central Texas.
The Manor Senior High School is a new campus concept for the area, as it will hold grades 11-12 in the Manor school district. The campus was designed to function as a bridge for students as they prepare to make the biggest educational transition of their lives—into college, trade school, the military or the workforce—and the new Senior High features amenities to help all students in this transition.
The Manor Senior High School will be a space for learning unlike any other in Central Texas. The architects took inspiration from modern university and office buildings to help prepare students for the next chapter of their lives.
Check out just some of its features below:
Innovative educational environments
- Offer more dual credit and AP courses so students will be more competitive to colleges
- Students in the Law and Public Service strand will utilize a mock courtroom, complete with judge and jury box
- Engaging electives such as media design and architecture
Media Center and collaborative spaces
- Collaborative table to function as a meeting space
- Technology room where students can check out iPads or Chromebooks
- Makerspace with collaborative work tables, access to professional-grade tools, and more
- Modular, comfortable spaces for studying or working on group projects
- Student-run coffee bar
- 1,800 capacity top-fill gym to host basketball games, community events
- School is adjacent to the Manor Athletic Complex (AKA the MAC) with the new fieldhouse forthcoming
- Students will work in a fully-operational commercial kitchen in a bistro-style environment
- Workspace to double as the eating area for students
Career and Technical Education facilities
- Will feature a Vet Med space where students will work with live animals under the supervision of a trained veterinarian; students will learn grooming, basic vaccinations, and wellness checks
- Full-service hair and nail salon on site will allow students to learn cosmetology skills and will be open to the public
- Black-box theater will host smaller performances
- Large spaces for dance, band, and more
- Artroom to overlook pond to provide inspiration for student’s sketches