• While emergencies in the school setting are often unpredictable, those involved in the care of students are prepared to meet the needs of the students before, during, and after an event. Injury or illness emergencies can happen at any time, during the school day. Often, the campus nurse may be the only health professional in the building who is formally trained to respond to a medical crisis or emergency. 

    Emergencies that may occur at school include:

    • Student, staff and visitor health-related emergencies or injuries;
    • Mass casualty incidents;
    • Weather-related emergencies; and
    • Hazardous materials emergencies (Cowell & McDonald, 2018; Kalekas, 2017).

    Manor ISD Health & Wellness nursing staff are prepared to provide emergency care and treatment. In the event that additional emergency medical support is needed, the staff will contact 911. There will be times when a scholar will need to be transferred to a higher level of care due to the need for specialized medical treatment.  The goal of the nursing staff is to ensure the health and safety of all scholars in Manor ISD. 

    If your child does not have a primary care provider, Manor ISD does have a school-based health center that can help meet all of your child's health care needs and this includes hospital follow-up. People's Community Clinic, provides medical care for:

    • Anyone 2 months to 24 years.
    • Anyone not covered by insurance.
    • Anyone covered by Medicaid, CHIP or some insurance plans in the district.
    A financial counselor is on-site to help you find the best care plan. Services are low cost and based on a sliding fee scale. 


  • If you have any questions, please reach out to your child's campus nurse.

    Please make sure that the school has the most up-to-date phone number and email address.

    In the event of an emergency, the campus nurse will always call the phone numbers on file in Skyward, and send an email to the email address on file. 

    If you need to update this information, please reach out to your child's campus registrar.

If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.