Dear Manor ISD Staff:
The open enrollment for Major Medical only (for current employees) has begun and will end August 18, 2022 (online access will be available on July 11, 2022). New Hires will receive a separate email regarding their new hire benefit enrollment process.
The enrollment is passive and requires action only if employees are making changes to their Medical/Health Insurance plan. If no changes are needed, then no action is necessary. TRS closes the enrollment on August 18, 2022 and changes cannot be made thereafter.
If you would like to add a GAP or Accident plan to supplement your health insurance deductible, it can be added during Medical Only open enrollment. Please contact Cody Tarver with First Financial at firstname.lastname@example.org or 903-258-4728 for further information on how this benefit can help.
2022-2023 HEALTH COVERAGE RATES:
Attached is the 2022-2023 Medical plan rates and highlights. This plan year allows for the ActiveCare Primary and ActiveCare HD plan to be at no cost for the Employee Only tier.
When does Medical/Health Insurance enrollment begin and end?
Medical enrollment begins on July 11, 2022 and ends August 18, 2022. Online access will be available on July 11, 2022. PER TRS, NO CHANGES CAN BE MADE AFTER AUGUST 18, 2022.
What if I do not need or want to make changes to my Medical/Health insurance?
If the employee does not wish to make any changes to their current Medical/Health plan, no action is needed and it is not necessary to make an appointment with a representative. The employee’s current medical insurance plan will automatically carry over into the 22-23 benefit plan year effective 9/1/2022-8/31/2023.
What about my Medical ID card?
A replacement card will not be sent to the employee if they are not making changes. The employee will continue to utilize their current Medical ID card. If the employee has not received a Medical ID card or needs a replacement, they may contact TRS-ActiveCare customer service at 866-355-5999 for a replacement card.
If a plan change is made and the plan requires the participant to choose a Primary Care Provider (PCP) it is the employee’s responsibility to locate the PCP and the PCP ID#. The system will not allow the plan change without the PCP ID#. The following link can assist in finding a PCP and their ID# (ex: PCP ID: John Smith H086780N01), https://www.bcbstx.com/trsactivecare
How do I make changes to my current Medical insurance plan?
- Online Enrollment – Employees are strongly encouraged to log into the First Financial Group of America’s enrollment system (FFenroll/FFGA hereafter) beginning July 11, 2022 by following the attached online enrollment instructions. If an employee has problems logging in through the online system, they may contact the FFGA support desk at 855-523-8422 from 7:00am – 5:00pm, M-F for assistance.
To begin online enrollment,
- Login: Your Employee ID or Social Security Number (no dashes)
- PIN (first login only): The last four digits of your social and the last two digits of the year you were born
(six digits total)
- New PIN: The first time you log in you may be required to change to a new PIN. Please note your new PIN
because you will use the new PIN from that point forward.
- Schedule an Appointment (optional) – Appointments are reserved only for employees who need assistance in making the online change. Employees are tasked to review the Medical Plan Rates & Highlights and be prepared to provide their new medical plan choice with PCP name and PCP ID# if required. Contact Benefits Coordinator, Diana Diaz at email@example.com or 512-278-4018 to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins cannot be accommodated at this time.
- Programe una cita (opcional) - las citas están reservadas solo para los empleados que necesitan ayuda para realizar el cambio en línea. Los empleados tienen la responsabildad de revisar los premios y aspectos destacados del plan médico y preparados para proporcionar su nueva opción de plan médico con el nombre del doctor primario y el número de identificación del doctor primario si es necesario. Comuníquese con la Coordinadora de Beneficios, Diana Diaz en firstname.lastname@example.org o 512-278-4018 para programar una cita. No se pueden acomodar personas sin cita previa en este momento.
- Employees seeking to only discuss their Medical insurance plan (not make a Medical insurance change) Cody Tarver at 903-258-4728.
- Empleados que solo buscan hablar sobre su plan de seguro medico y no hacer un cambio del seguro médico, pueden comunicarse con Edith Bergman al 619-278-9497
What if my spouse and I both work for the same district or another district participating in TRS-ActiveCare?
Married employees who are active contributing TRS members may “pool” their local district funding to use toward the cost of TRS-ActiveCare coverage.
If an employee and spouse both work for the same participating district, funds may be pooled. The decision to enter into a pooled premium arrangement must be made during the annual enrollment or within the election period of a special enrollment event.
- One employee selects employee and spouse coverage and the other spouse declines coverage: or
- One employee selects employee and family coverage and the other spouse declines coverage.
NOTE: Employees interested in continuing to participate or wish to participate in the Pooling Plan, must submit their application as soon as possible in order for their application to be submitted and processed accordingly.
***MEDICAL RATES & PLAN HIGHLIGHTS and POOLING INFORMATION ATTACHED***