2020 TRANSFER INFORMATION (Updated 4/29):
In District and Out of District Transfer applications for the 2020-2021 school year will be available beginning May 4, 2020.
Transfer applications for currently enrolled students must be submitted by June 30, 2020.
Submitting a transfer application does not guarantee its approval.
Manor ISD Transfer Policy
- Applications for transfers, for current students who live in the MISD attendance boundary, must submit a new application each year per board policy.
- Applications for transfers, for current students who do not live in the MISD attendance boundary, must submit a new application each year per board policy.
- Transfers are approved based on board policy.
- Applications for transfer are available below to print or from the campus front office.
- Complete applications with any needed attachments should be turned in to the campus that the student is requesting to attend.
- Applications for transfer are valid for one school and one school year only. A new application must be completed each year.
- A transfer may be revoked during the school year if attendance, behavior or academic expectations are no longer being met.
- The approval of a transfer is based on space availability, 95% attendance, passing grades for the semester or year and no ISS, OSS, DAEP, JJAEP, or expulsion issues.
- If the wrong application form is completed, the application cannot be accepted.
- If the student transfers back to the school within the attendance zone they live in, they will be required to sit out for one year of varsity competition.
- Campuses will notify parents when a transfer is approved, denied or revoked.
- Notification of the approval, denial or revocation of a transfer can take up to five business days during the school year.
Steps for Completing a Transfer
- Download the form to your device.
- Complete the form and save.
- If the student is new to Manor ISD, get a copy of the student’s report card, attendance record and behavior record from the current school. If the student is currently attending Manor ISD, no additional documents are required.
- Bring the completed form, and any needed attachments, to the school you would like your child to attend. During our closure, you can email the saved completed form and any needed attachments to PEIMS@manorisd.net or fax it to 512-278-4969.
Additional information regarding transfers can be found in board policy: FDB(LOCAL)