Bullying Report Process
Have you experienced bullying?
Report it now!
Administrators throughout the district follow each step below when they receive a bullying report.
Step One: Incident Report
- The incident should be reported by speaking to a campus administrator, using the bullying report form (see below), or the Report Bullying interest area on Let's Talk!
- Teachers can write a referral in Skyward of the incident with the bullying offense
Step Two: Investigate
- A campus will use incident reports and interview all involved parties to make a determination
- Use bullying checklist (see PDF below) to help make a determination
Step Three: Document findings
- Enter the record in Skyward
- File a hard copy of the bullying checklist as it relates to the bullied student
- Clearly document all findings in the records
- If it is determined that it was not a bullying incident, resolve as a normal discipline issue
- If it is determined that it was a bullying incident process
Step Five: Notify All Parents
Step Six: Resolution
- Issue consequences
- Establish a no-contact contract
- Refer all bullied students to the counselor (counselor will document intervention through Skyward)