About Gifted & Talented
The Manor ISD Gifted and Talented (GT) program emphasizes the identification of gifted and talented scholars beginning in kindergarten. Scholars may be nominated for evaluation throughout the school year. Identified GT scholars in grades first through fifth attend Accelerate, Innovate, Motivate (AIM) Academy one day per week.
Additional instructional services in core academic areas for K-12 take place through the use of differentiated curriculum and project-based learning within the instructional classroom and through GT advisory periods in secondary schools. Instructional strategies promote critical thinking and reasoning abilities, problem-solving skills, independent studies, and creative product development. Scholars are served by classroom instructors who are GT qualified through 30 or more hours in GT professional development and remain current in their qualification by engaging in 6 additional GT professional development hours each year.
Interested in serving on the Parent Advisory Committee for Gifted and Talented? Send us an email!
Accelerate, Innovate, Motivate!
That's what AIM stands for! Your GT teachers have spent the summer giving the Manor ISD Gifted Academy a much needed refresh and revisit. We are bringing some wonderful new changes to you soon!
MISD AIM - Gifted and Talented Video
Additional information is available regarding services by contacting the MISD Coordinator of Continuous Improvement or campus GT coordinators:
- Blake Manor Elementary -Jenny Luong - email@example.com
- Bluebonnet Trail Elementary - Lisa Young - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Decker Elementary - Lauressa Pitz - email@example.com
- Oak Meadows Elementary - Lauressa Pitz - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pioneer Crossing Elementary - Jennifer Cooper - email@example.com
- Presidential Meadows Elementary - Lisa Young - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shadow Glen Elementary - Wendy Boatright - email@example.com
- Lagos Elementary - Wendy Boatright firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manor Middle School - Gabriel Nila - email@example.com
- Decker Middle School - Lakeya Lewis - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manor New Tech Middle School - Jordan Shelton - email@example.com
- Manor High School - Jamilah Scott - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manor Sr. High School - Whitney Young - email@example.com
- Manor New Tech High School - William Rodiguez - firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinator of Continuous Improvement- Celeste Sodergren email@example.com