Accelerate, Innovate, Motivate!
That's what AIM stands for! Your GT teachers have spent the summer giving the Manor ISD Gifted Academy a much needed refresh and revisit. We are bringing some wonderful new changes to you soon!
About Gifted & Talented
The Manor ISD Gifted and Talented program emphasizes the identification of gifted and talented students beginning in kindergarten. Students may be nominated for evaluation throughout the school year. Identified GT students in grades 1-5 attend AIM Academy ~Accelerate~Innovate~Motivate~ one day per week.
Additional instructional services in core academic areas for K-12 take place through the use of differentiated curriculum and project-based learning within the instructional classroom. Instructional strategies promote critical thinking and reasoning abilities, problem-solving skills, independent studies, and creative product development. Students are served by classroom instructors who are GT qualified through 30 or more hours in GT professional development and remain current in their qualification by engaging in 6 additional GT professional development hours each year.
Interested in serving on the Parent Advisory Committee for Gifted and Talented? Email me!
MISD AIM - Gifted and Talented Video
Additional information is available regarding services by contacting the MISD Coordinator of Continuous Improvement or campus GT coordinators:
- Blake Manor Elementary -Jenny Luong - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bluebonnet Trail Elementary - Macy Lane - email@example.com
- Decker Elementary - Lauressa Pitz - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oak Meadows Elementary - Lauressa Pitz - email@example.com
- Pioneer Crossing Elementary - Jennifer Cooper - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presidential Meadows Elementary - Macy Lane - email@example.com
- Shadow Glen Elementary - Wendy Boatright - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lagos Elementary - Wendy Boatright email@example.com
- Manor Middle School - Jasmine Paiz - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Decker Middle School - Lakeya Lewis - email@example.com
- Manor New Tech Middle School - Jordan Shelton - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manor High School - Christopher Friede - email@example.com
- Manor Sr. High School - Kenneth Soloff - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manor New Tech High School - William Rodiguez - email@example.com
Coordinator of Continuous Improvement- Celeste Sodergren firstname.lastname@example.org