About Advanced Academics
Manor ISD Advanced Programs will provide rigorous academic instructional opportunities and culturally enriching courses and experiences for K-12 learners through continuous instructional support toward college preparedness, advanced measures of personal, cultural and academic growth, and exposure to a diverse array of learning experiences.
- MISD Advanced Academics will create a culture which evidences well communicated advanced educational opportunities as students strive to gain 21st Century Skills for individual growth, academic success and College Readiness.
- Advanced Academics will provide quality professional development opportunities in order to build capacity for all campuses to house instructors qualified/certified in advanced instructional strategies and Gifted and Talented services in grades K-12.
- We will provide classroom instructors and students with rigorous curriculum and formative and summative assessment tools indicative of advanced measures of learning.
- Through continual data studies and communication, we will increase the number of students engaged in challenging instruction, advanced courses, and participation in college preparation indicators on all campuses.
- Continued increase in: Pre AP, AP, Dual Credit enrollment; number of students graduating on Distinguished Achievement Plans; number of students enrolled in AVID - Advancement Via Individual Determination.
- Continued progression in instructor Professional Development and resources for rigorous instruction for grades K-12.
- Continued increase of scores indicating College Readiness: STAAR, AP, SAT, PSAT, ACT
- Increase number of students identified and served through Gifted and Talented services.