About Advanced Academics
Manor ISD Advanced Programs will provide rigorous academic instructional opportunities and culturally enriching courses and experiences for K-12 learners through continuous instructional support toward college preparedness, advanced measures of personal, cultural, and academic growth, and exposure to a diverse array of learning experiences.
- MISD Advanced Academics will create a culture that evidences well communicated advanced educational opportunities as scholars strive to gain 21st Century Skills for individual growth, academic success, and College Readiness.
- Advanced Academics will provide quality professional development opportunities in order to build capacity for all campuses to house instructors qualified/certified in advanced instructional strategies and Gifted and Talented services in grades K-12.
- We will provide classroom instructors and scholars with a rigorous curriculum and formative and summative assessment tools indicative of advanced measures of learning.
- Through continual data studies and communication, we will increase the number of scholars engaged in challenging instruction, advanced courses, and participation in college preparation indicators on all campuses.
- The continued increase in Pre-AP, AP, and Dual Credit enrollment; the number of scholars graduating on Distinguished Achievement Plans; the number of scholars enrolled in AVID - Advancement Via Individual Determination.
- The continued progression in instructor Professional Development and resources for rigorous instruction for grades K-12.
- The continued increase in scores indicating college readiness: STAAR, AP, SAT, PSAT, ACT
- An increased number of scholars identified and served through Gifted and Talented services.
- Further development of services to secondary gifted and talented scholars