The vision of Manor Excel Academy is to inspire students to become principled, lifelong learners: empowered to achieve their full potential, sustain a high quality of life, and become contributing global citizens.
The mission of Manor Excel Academy is to cultivate a nurturing and safe environment, providing students with an accelerated educational alternative through an individualized approach focused on 21st century skills.
Manor Excel Academy is a high school of choice, eagerly meeting the needs of many types of students.
Manor Excel Academy offers an opportunity to break free of the traditional high school setting and overcome any barriers to individual goals.
Students must submit an application, be interviewed by the principal with a parent, and then, receive notification of acceptance into the program before enrollment can occur.
Manor Mavericks come from all walks of life.
Characteristics of a Manor Maverick include the following
- Students in good standing who would simply like a smaller classroom setting
- Students in good standing who would like to graduate earlier than their predetermined graduation date
- Students who need flexible scheduling due to employment needs
- Students who need to recover and accelerate credits to graduate
- Have completed at least 6 credits
- Have little to no discipline concerns
- Complete an application
- Currently have and be able to maintain 90% attendance
- Sign a contract detailing their commitment to the program
- Be able to keep pace with accelerated coursework
- Have a student-parent-administrator meeting in which parents sign a contract acknowledging their role in the education of their child and agree to support their efforts through frequent parent/teacher meetings if the student is not meeting school expectations.