Local business, education, and community leaders spent their Friday morning at the Manor ISD Central Administration Building to receive an update on the exciting new initiatives happening at MISD.
Superintendent Dr. Royce Avery welcomed the group and gave an overview of how the district has progressed since the last Stakeholder's meeting in June. Since then, MISD opened two new, innovative campuses: Lagos Elementary and Manor New Tech Middle School.
Dr. Avery and his leadership team also showcased the exciting new programs and facilities coming to the district. Topics discussed included:
- Manor ISD's Designation as an Inaugural Member of the TEA's System of Great Schools, one of only eight districts chosen in Texas.
-The New Tech Network being implemented at Manor New Tech Middle and High Schools, Blake Manor Elementary, Lagos Elementary, Pioneer Crossing Elementary, and ShadowGlen Elementary.
- Manor ISD’s college readiness and literacy efforts
- The International Baccalaureate program coming to Manor Middle, Bluebonnet Trail Elementary, Manor Elementary, and Presidential Meadows Elementary.
- New opportunities within the Fine Arts program
- Plans to expand the Career & Technical Education offerings within Manor ISD
- New facilities to support the above programs
The stakeholders meet four times a year to engage with the district leadership team on the state of MISD. This was the first meeting of the 2017-18 school year.