Manor ISD’s Child Development Center is celebrating the Week of the Young Child through fun daily activities.
The Week of the Young Child is a recognition of the early childhood profession and highlights young children, their families, and the community hosted by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
A full list of themed days is below, and more information can be found via the flyer attached.
Monday- April 17th is Music Maker Monday!
- Mixed matched event: Wear mixed matched clothes or crazy socks today!
- Classes will be making either hand maracas, Spoon Maracas or homemade guitars.
- You never know you might catch classrooms doing the cumbia or Macarena on the playground!
Tuesday, April 18th- Siesta Fiesta Tuesday
- All classes will wear their favorite Pajama’s all day long. (Don’t forget your real shoes for running and playing outside)
- Classes will be making either Sun Catchers or Tissue Paper Flowers today
Wednesday, April 19th- All day Folk Art Fun and Community Open House 8 am – 5 pm
- Piñata Breakings will happen throughout the day (we would love some “safe” candy donations please!)
- Fiesta Folk Art projects will be in full swing, we can’t wait for you to see how creative our kids can be!
Thursday- April 20th Cumbia Dancing Day
- Dress up today in your favorite Fiesta Attire
- Show in the gym today! Directed by: Xavier Jara: Classical Guitar
- Classical Guitar Ensemble with Manor Middle School: 9:30 am– Parents and community members are welcomed to attend
- All Rooms will paint with their feet while moving/dancing to the music today
- You might even see the teachers wearing t-shirts with guitars on them!
Friday- April 21st Fiesta Celebration Day
- Classrooms may be doing a tissue paper masterpiece or you may see that some made colorful Paper Fiesta Fans
- All Classes will have a Fiesta Egg Hunt – bring at least 1 dozen candied or stickers filled eggs